Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Introduction:

Hi, my name is Eli Melander, and I have been diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis for almost a year now. I'm currently seeking to buy a Service Dog since MS is a progressive disease. MS has caused me to have extreme fatigue, loss of balance, weakened limbs, have slurred speech, swallowing problems, cognitive difficulties, and depression. These symptoms will continue to get worst, so I have decided to get a service dog.

The service dog that I have visited and that has been chosen for me is named Edo. He is about one year old, and is a Golden Retreiver. He's one of the few things that are giving me hope right now. Edo is taught over 90 commands and will be able to assist me in anything from opening doors, to pulling me in a wheel chair(that I will eventually need). The biggest benefit I can get from Edo is comapnionship. I do not want to resort to taking medcations for depression, but I get pretty lonely staying home all day since it is difficult to walk much.

On this blog, I'm going to try and post as much as possible... to let everyone know how my adventure to get my dog Edo. I'm trying to raise $5,500 before august. If you know anyone who can donate, it is a tax deductable, non profit organization, I can send you the tax ID#. I can't wait for the day that I get to bring home Edo.



I've sent out donations letters, I'll let you know if any come through:)

Oh and Kristinas on First & Barstow will have a donation jar as of tomorrow:)

Help me bring EDO home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment